This a job sharing position to be paid by the board of management of the school . The final arrangements will be agreed with the successful candidate on the basis of meeting school needs as determined by the School Principal .
The successful candidate will:
• Have relevant secretarial qualifications or experience in an office within an educational setting
• Have a pro-active, can-do approach with the ability to work on their own initiative, and will assist the Principal in performing a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties with a flexibility in adapting to the needs of the school.
• Be reliable, trustworthy, calm under pressure and uphold the community ethos of the school.
• Be comfortable and discreet in dealing with confidential information, and have a personable, yet professional manner.
• Be a confident and proficient user of MS Office including Word, Powerpoint & Excel, and have strong ICT literacy with an interest in and commitment to upskilling and engaging in and learning new technologies as they emerge. Experience with organisational databases and accounting software preferable.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve systems and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the school office.
• Front line greeting and management of all queries of all visitors to school
• Front line greeting of regular visitors to school
• Front line phone answering. Secretary will redirect calls or not, as appropriate, to principal.
• Record phone messages in relevant log
• Managing the full range of school administration and office/reception management ensuring compliance with GDPR.
• Act as Secretary to the Principal
• Assisting the Principal in the administration of meeting requests, diary management, and scheduling of meetings / events
• Assist in planning, preparing and setting up for a wide range of school events.
• Organising, maintaining and updating school databases, online records and files including the operation of School Systems - Aladdin, POD, OLCS and Payroll payment system and filing
• Opening and distributing post.
• Word-processing as required by teachers and approved by Principal e.g. notice of meetings, class events, materials needed for Art etc
• Updating of school documents as appropriate- Welcome Booklet, SNA staff induction booklet and Induction handbook for teachers, cutting and pasting etc
• Drafting letters, memos, minutes etc
• Managing and updating all school databases and online records
• Word processing signs/ notices for around the school as required
• Photocopying – and daily maintenance of photocopier
• Maintaining a tidy, organised office/admin area
Administration including financial:
• Operate the day-to-day accounts in conjunction with the Principal
• Manage online School Accounting database and input transactions on a weekly basis
• Preparing invoices, cheques, online payments, compliment slips and labelled envelopes – ready for the 2 signatories
• Updating excel sheets re spending of grants and book bill income
• Process Book and Materials Bill money for each class, issue receipts, prepare and distribute reminder letter to those who haven’t paid. Follow-up non-responses with phone calls
• Ordering and maintaining adequate Art and classroom supplies (pencils, copies, crayons, paint etc)
• Maintaining stocks of office stationery and keeping a record of staff requisitions for office and classroom materials (to inform budgeting for following year)
• Initial processing of applications according to our Enrollment Policy
• Take charge of photocopying birth certs, baptismal certs, school reports
• Prepare letters informing the parents of the outcome
Other Tasks include:
• Contacts including telephone contacts with members of the public; answering the phone and making calls to various agencies local and national.
• Work in close co-operation with Board of Management, Principal and Teaching Staff and perform work requested by them
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo compulsory Garda Vetting and online TUSLA Child Protection Training
• Canvassing will disqualify